I love reading, and I love connecting book lovers to my favorite books.
Here are some book recommendations that are great fun and worth reading any day. You may also enjoy my Goodreads account (dudes, how much of a bummer that Goodreads was sold to Amazon? As sad as Kettlemen’s being sold to Einstein Bagels. Although I haven’t been consistent about updating Goodreads, so I guess I’ll just wander away for now.) or Twitter stream.
Recommendations for April 2013:
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman (buy The Magicians at Powells)
- Liminal States by Zack Parsons (buy Liminal States at Powells)
Are you interested in how things work?
May I recommend Candyfreak: A Journey Through the Chocolate Underbelly of America by Steve Almond and Garbage Land: On the Secret Trail of Trash by Elizabeth Royte?
- Marriage, a history:from Obedience to Intimacy or How Love Conquered Marriage by Stephanie Coontz (2005)
- Sweet and Low by Rich Cohen (2006)
- Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson (2006)
- Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (2004)
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (1966)
- Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collingham (2006)
- The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture by John Battelle (2005)
- The Historian: A Novel by Elizabeth Kostova (2005)
Some Favorite Authors:
- Barbara Kingsolver
- Neal Stephenson
- Christopher Moore
- John Irving
- Richard Russo
- Gregory Maguire
- Laurie King
Some Favorite Books that I like to read over and over again:
- To Kill a Mockingbirg by Harper Lee
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Lord of the Rings trilogy by JR Tolkien
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- A Widow for One Year by John Irving
[contact-form subject=”Contact from bHs website” to=”firstname.lastname@example.org”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Interested in receiving email updates” type=”checkbox” /] [/contact-form]